A reader of our blog, from India, contacted me looking for guidance on his legal services business. The company provides assistance to individuals based in the U.S. who are facing legal proceedings in India, and don’t want to travel all the way there.
He writes, “The hurdle which I am facing currently is finding customers who want this kind of service. I am sure there are a number of individuals who have legal issues (Property cases, Divorce cases, etc.) back here in India, but I am unable to reach them with my concept, so any suggestion would be a great help to me and my firm.”
The sentence that sticks out like a sore thumb is,
“The hurdle which I am facing currently is finding customers who want this kind of service.”
Great companies, law firms, and lawyers don’t find customers; they enable potential customers or clients to find them. They quickly establish themselves as the thought leader(s) in a particular space—and if they use an efficient process, it doesn’t have to cost them a nickel.
Here’s a summary of the optimal process for gaining thought leadership–-fast, efficiently, and free:
- Understand which issues drive demand, and which ones don’t (you’ll be surprised)
- Learn what issue will attract the most prospects
- Learn how to profile your optimal prospects, so you can make sure your message resonates with them meaningfully
- Draft a crystal-clear message that attract prospects and repel time-wasters
- Learn how use PR to penetrate the markets you identify, with or without the help of an agency
- Expand your network of referral sources and clients…without leaving your desk
Every one of these steps is covered by a specific lesson in RainmakerVT. Click on the links above to review each course.
You know you have to improve your business development skills to get the business you need. But most of the training you see offered feels more like a degree program with a someday/maybe payoff rather than the specific help you need right now.
RainmakerVT is the most innovative, effective, convenient and affordable business development training you can get. And you don’t have to commit to a long, drawn-out training program. RainmakerVT is just-in-time training. That means that In 15-30-minute chunks, available from any computer or tablet 24/7, each course teaches you a concrete, practical skill you can apply right now, to the immediate challenge in front of you. Buy only what you need, only when you need it.