For business developers, Thanksgiving is the virtual end of the year. Use the remaining 7 weeks to assure a strong start to 2014.
Online, you can learn 90% of what you need, inexpensively. The other 10% requires human coaching -- to apply what you learned.
How to trade the mindless, comforting, easy billable work focus for the skills to be good at business development.
Which comes first, the demand (chicken) or the supply (egg)? Which should lawyers focus on first, attracting clients or developing expertise?
Lawyers: Before deciding to set yourself up in solo law practice, make sure you've thought through your lawyer business development practice.
Selling successfully requires mind-blowing amounts of raw effort. It’s not sexy, fun, or cute. It’s sweaty, gut-busting, manual labor.
Own a narrow, precise niche, within which you differentiate yourself via a specific business problem that is relevant to your market.
One way or another, you’re responsible for taking care of yourself. That means that all lawyers are solos, either in fact or virtually.
Happiness is found in work that you choose, rather than the work that lands in your lap.