You should have completed:
- Decision Process, Step 3: Stakeholder Alignment
- Decision Process, Step 1: The Company-Specific Flavor of Your Door Opener
- Earning the Right to Advance: Next Steps Meeting
- Decision Process, Step 2: The Cost of Doing Nothing
- Networking Events
If you didn’t complete everything, please take time to do so this weekend so you don’t fall behind.
- Winning a Beauty Contest [Getting Chosen]
Competitive, formal hiring processes, or “beauty contests,” are expensive, time-consuming, draining, and often a waste of time. Unfortunately, they're also growing in popularity among companies eager to reduce legal costs, especially for mature categories of legal service.
Either you're controlling the beauty contest, or it's controlling you.
These “hiring tournaments” are a specialized form of Stakeholder Alignment, usually involving a larger number of stakeholders, that require much greater finesse and skill.
Once again, in a learn-by-doing simulation supported by context-sensitive coaching, you'll master how to:
- recognize your next move
- get the intelligence you need to take the right steps
- neutralize your competitors
- control the processes designed to control you
- win the business, or recognize that you can't
This course will teach you how to contain your cost of sales and win – or, at the very least, expose a purported "opportunity" as a loser so you can opt out gracefully -- and early.
- Decision Process, Step 2: The Cost of Doing Nothing [Getting Chosen]
- Decision Process, Step 3: Stakeholder Alignment [Getting Chosen]