You should have completed:
- Write Articles with Greater Impact [Getting Found]
- Winning a Beauty Contest [Getting Chosen]
- Decision Process, Step 2: The Cost of Doing Nothing
If you didn’t complete everything, please take time to do so this weekend so you don’t fall behind.
- How to Maximize a Speaking Engagement [Getting Found]
Lawyers understand the importance of public speaking, especially in front of industry groups. It's great exposure, a way to earn credibility and face time with their market, and an opportunity to associate yourself with business problems that at least some of those in attendance face now, or will face at some point.
However, if your marketing effort begins and ends with your speech, you'll never get anywhere. Here's how to make it the starting point and foundation of a successful campaign.
You’ll learn how to:
- Select the right audience
- Get yourself on the agenda about the right topic
- Prepare compelling remarks that engage your audience and make you memorable (without spending a crippling amount of time preparing)
- Manage Q&A like a seasoned pro
Most important, you’ll learn that the speaking engagement isn’t the culmination of this marketing investment, but the beginning. The greatest impact is available to lawyers who know how to make the "before" and "after" magnify their stature.
- Collaborative Approach to Pricing [Getting Chosen]
- Create a Marketing Plan that's Actually Useful [Getting Found]
- Thought Leadership: Using PR to Penetrate Markets [Getting Found]
- Decision Process, Step 3: Stakeholder Alignment [Getting Chosen: Practice Mode]
- Decision Process, Step 1: The Company-Specific Flavor of Your Door Opener [Getting Chosen: Ready Mode]