You should have completed:
- Contacts & Referrals: Gaining Access to Decision-Makers [Getting Found]
- Write Articles with Greater Impact [Getting Found]
- Winning a Beauty Contest [Getting Chosen]
- Decision Process, Step 2: The Cost of Doing Nothing [Getting Chosen]
If you didn’t complete everything, please take time to do so this weekend so you don’t fall behind.
- Profiling Optimal Prospects [Getting Found]
Too many lawyers, thinking “I can help almost any business,” try to pursue everyone, which isn’t possible. Why not pursue prospects that are just like the best client you’ve ever had?
In this RainmakerVT experience, you’ll learn how to model and profile the clients that:
- Have challenging work that you love doing
- Will pay your full rate, on time, with a smile
- Will appreciate your dedication, skill, commitment, integrity, and judgment
These aren’t fantasy clients, but real clients just like one or more that you’ve already had (but not as often as you’d like). These are the clients who, if your practice was made up mostly of clients just like them, would make you the happiest, most successful lawyer on Earth. Unless you think that that one great client you had was the only one in existence, there’s no reason why you can’t
- logically profile them
- identify industries where they’re found in greater numbers
- insert yourself into their problem discussion as a welcome contributor
You don't have time or resources to pursue “everyone” or “anyone.” Here's a sample of how to visualize and define those whose circumstances cause them to want to hire you.
- How to Maximize a Speaking Engagement [Getting Found]
- Earning the Right to Advance: Next Steps Meeting [Getting Found]
- Decision Process, Step 3: Stakeholder Alignment [Getting Chosen: Ready Mode]