You should have completed:
- Getting Inside the Tent: Identifying Alternative Entry Points [Getting Found]
- Contacts & Referrals: Gaining Access to Decision-Makers [Getting Found]
- Door Opener: Associating Yourself with Issues That Drive Demand [Getting Found]
- Earning the Right to Advance: Next Steps Meeting [Getting Found]
- Decision Process, Step 3: Stakeholder Alignment [Getting Chosen: Ready Mode]
If you didn’t complete everything, please take time to do so this weekend so you don’t fall behind.
- Create a Marketing Plan that's Actually Useful [Getting Found]
If you had a dollar for every article, blogpost or conference speaker talking about creating marketing plans, you wouldn’t need RainmakerVT. For that matter, you wouldn’t have to practice law, either. You’d already be wealthy.
Few topics have generated as much vacuous, pointless blather as does this one. Most plans boil down to broad, useless aphorisms that are the equivalent of “Eat right, exercise, avoid stress.” Can’t argue with that, but how, specifically, do you do any of that?
For most lawyers, the lack of “how” advice frustrates them to no end, so they give up.
After coaching lawyers for 20 years, I’ve seen literally thousands of lawyers’ marketing plans. Despite pressure from their firm leaders, or self-imposed pressure to get organized, few lawyers do much that's worthy of the word “planning.” Most plans are little more than pro forma laundry lists of random, vague actions, such as “Get involved in XYZ Bar Section” or “Write four articles” or “Visit six clients” and so on, ad nauseam. Sound familiar?
Planning doesn't have to be cumbersome, time-consuming or complicated – merely disciplined and logical.
RainmakerVT will give you a detailed, specific, actionable 16-step process whose practicality and usefulness we proved thousands of times with lawyers in firms and practices of every size and specialty.
Think about your absolute best matter in the past year or two. You know what we mean: Interesting, challenging work; great fees with no collection problems; the client appreciates you. Create a plan that gets you more business exactly like that.
This video lesson and accompanying worksheet will help you build an actionable plan based on specific goals that are important to you and worth pursuing.
- Profiling Optimal Prospects [Getting Found]
- Decision Process, Step 3: Stakeholder Alignment [Getting Chosen]
- Collaborative Approach to Pricing [Getting Chosen: Ready Mode]